In the News
- October 2017 | PRESS RELEASE - Starbucks x CARES "Supports Local Revitalization and Youth Hiring in Miami Gardens"
- CARES x RISING PROGRAM VIDEOS
- May 2016 | CHANNEL 10 - Mentoring Matters "My Future, My Choice" CARES Superfriends in Overtown, Fl
- May 2016 | Miami Herald / Importance of Art Education
- May 2016 | #NPR Wlrn Starbucks mentoring partnership "South Florida CARES helps students entering workforce."
National CARES Mentoring Movement
Founded in 2005 by Susan L. Taylor, Founder and CEO National CARES Mentoring Movement
Editor-in-Chief Emerita, Essence Magazine
To secure and transform the lives of Black children by inspiring, recruiting, training and mobilizing masses of caring adults to mentor and nourish them.
The National CARES Mentoring Movement envisions a nation in which all Black children are loved, have access to quality, culturally competent education, and are supported by well-resourced families and communities living in harmony and guided by faith. Toward that end, our national affiliate network connects adults to local youth-serving organizations, including our own group-mentoring programs (THE RISING PROGRAM) that focus on the emotional, social and academic development of our children and the wellness of the adults who parent, mentor and educate them.
Donate. Join. Get Involved today. Pay it forward and invest in the health and wellness of our local opportunity youth. Make a donation in honour or memory of someone who impacted you or start a new tradition of giving to the next generation that needs your nurturing, love and support. There is no amount too small. See below for details:
ONLINE Click "Donate" button below
BY MAIL c/o National CARES Mentoring Movement, Inc.
5 Penn Plaza - 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10001 (Make Checks payable to: National CARES Mentoring Movement - Memo: South Florida CARES)
SOUTH FLORIDA AFFILIATE | RISING GROUP WELLNESS MENTORING CIRCLE SITES
- Williams Park Community Center | Overtown* [#SUPERFRIENDS Afterschool]
- The Genius Project @ Venture Cafe [CIC Miami] | Overtown - Allapatah - Downtown Miami^ [#SUPERFRIENDS Afterschool]
- Henry D Perry High School | Hallandale^
- Broward Youth Treatment (In Residence Detention) Center | Pembroke Pines*
- Whiddon Rogers Alternative High School | Fort Lauderdale* [StarbucksCARES Site]
- Seagull Alternative High School | Fort Lauderdale* [StarbucksCARES Site]
- Girls Academy (Detention) Center | Pembroke Pines (Former Site. Facility closed 8/2016)
- Girls Treatment (Detention) Center | Miami^
- Pompano Beach Treatment (Detention) Center | Pompano Beach^
- AMI Kids (Day Detention) | Fort Lauderdale* [StarbucksCARES Site]
- AMI Kids (Day Detention) | Miami Dade* [StarbucksCARES Site]
- AMI Kids (Day Detention) | Key Biscayne* [StarbucksCARES Site]
- Pompano Youth Treatment Center (In Residence Detention) | Pompano^
- Jessie J. Elementary w/ FIU The Education Effect | Little Haiti / Little River*
- Starbucks CARES Community Cafe | Miami Gardens* [Afterschool - StarbucksCARES Site]
- The D.R.E.A.M. Project w/ Santonio Holmes + Cerge Sincere | West Palm Beach [Belle Glades]^^ [StarbucksCARES Site]
- "Coffee with CARES" | Tampa + Miami Area Stores* [Mentor Training Project Site]
- AMIKids Tampa / Manatee / Y.E.S | Tampa Bay Area* [NielsenCARES Project Site]
- Dave Thomas Education Center | Broward^ [StarbucksCARES Site]
- Stellar Leadership Academy | Miami* [StarbucksCARES Site]
- Girl Power | Overtown^ [Mentor Training Project Site]
- Educate Tomorrow | MIami* [Bridge Fellows | Mentor Training Project Site]
*Current. ^New for 2018/2019. ^^Future Site.
- StarbucksCARES Site = A Retail Excellence Training Partner Project Site
- NielsenCARES Site = A Tech Innovation Training Partner Project Site